Answers to your frequently asked questions
Why should I use a professional to manage my home?
While the reasons our clients choose professional management vary, here are some of the key reasons many people elect professional management over self-management:
- We handle maintenance and emergency repairs, allowing you to sleep at night.
- We enforce collection of rents and serve the proper notices upon failure to pay.
- We understand and apply the correct federal, state, and local laws, keeping you and your investment out of trouble.
- We know the local market, have an extensive network of contacts, and have advertising resources available to us at discounted rates. This allows us to effectively market your vacant home to prospective residents to get it filled.
- After you add up the increased rent we can often command, the discounts you'll receive on advertising, and the company rate we get on repairs, you'll often make more money than if you managed the property yourself!
Where would you advertise my property?
In order to reduce our clients cost and maximize the rental listing exposure, we advertise using cutting edge online marketing tools. Our marketing software posts our available properties to many different websites including Craigslist.org, Zillow.com, Trulia.com, Realtor.com, Walkscore, Hotpads.com, ApartmentList, RentFocus, Real Rentals, Lovely and many, many more!
Do you provide me with a report of activity on my property?
Yes, we email you a monthly report of rent and other income received, and maintenance, repairs, and other expenses incurred. This will be provided once per month. We are happy and eager to answer any questions associated with your reports.
Can I choose to disallow pets, smokers, large families, etc.?
We comply fully with the Fair Housing Act. This means that you can not choose to disallow anyone that is a member of a protected class under the act. You can choose to disallow pets and not permit smoking in your home, but you cannot deny a service animal. All pets will also be screened by a third party screening service, petscreening.com.